Lampwrights Forum

Lampwrights Forum (http://www.lampwrights.com/index.php)
-   vBulletin Wordpress Bridge (http://www.lampwrights.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   vBulletin Worpress Bridge (http://www.lampwrights.com/showthread.php?t=41)

Jeff 01-20-2011 11:26 AM

vBulletin Worpress Bridge

1 Attachment(s)
This is a new version of the vBulletin Wordpress bridge (see previous version). I have decided to start over from scratch on this plugin. This does NOT have all the features in the previous version. Wordpress has changed significantly over the years and since I am just now picking this FREE product back up; I have to basically start over.

This version is designed for the 3.8 line of vBulletin. It may however work with 4.x however it is not by design. I have no use for version 4 of vBulletin so I will not be developing this mod to work with it. If for some reason it does not work with 4.x, cry to IB, not me.

DONATE TODAY

I do this during my spare time which I have very little of. Any donation you make will go a long way to keeping this product current. You can donate here.

What this product does
  • Allows your vBulletin users to comment on WP posts if you are using the default commenting engine.
  • Compatible with the WP theme Classipress so you can run a classifieds using your VB user base.
  • Allows you to map VB user groups to WP user groups.
  • Does NOT override WP users, meaning current WP users can log into the WP admin control panel.
  • Forwards registration links to VB.
  • Allows users to log into WP with their VB credentials.
  • Links their user names to their VB member page.
Limitations
  • WP users cannot comment on articles, they must log into VB to comment.
  • Must be installed on PHP versions 5.3.x or higher.
  • Must be on the same domain name and same server.
  • My time on this project is limited. It is only one brand in the fire. At most I get to look at this project once or twice a month so you may have to be patient when it comes to some support.
Tested on

vBulletin 3.8.6 and WP 3.0.4

Installation instructions

Extract the vbbridge folder on to your local machine. Upload this folder and its contents to your wp-contents/plugin directory.

Go into your WP admin control panel and activate the plugin.

Go to Settings -> Vbridge Settings

Enter the RELATIVE path to your forum. Once you click submit you should see this message above the submit button:

"Vbulletin has been located and is loaded into memory"

If not then the script cannot find VB. Check your relative path and remember, this is not the complete path. The only time you would use the complete path is if your server does not allow access to the $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] variable.

Once you get the "Vbulletin has been located and is loaded into memory" message, the product should be working.

Now you need to map VB users. From the wordpress control panel, click users, then vbridge user settings. This will bring you to the screen where you can map VB user groups to WP user groups. You must complete this before moving to the next step.

Wordpress Control Panel Access for VB Users

This is somewhat stable but should be considered experimental. AFTER YOU FINISH the above and map out the users, open vbbridge.php and edit this line:

Code:

##define('USE_ADMINCP_BRIDGE', true);
Remove the comments so it looks like this:

Code:

define('USE_ADMINCP_BRIDGE', true);
You could also add this line to the wp-config.php file if you do not want to have to do this for every upgrade.

After you have finished this, you will then be able to log into the WP control panel with your VB credentials. If for some reason this does not work, just comment out the above line and your old WP login should work.

Custom Modules

Any PHP file added to the modules directory will be executed when the bridge starts. You can use this method to customize and extend the bridge on your system without having to edit the source code as much.

Special thanks to www.socialknowledge.com for their support in creating this product!

Notes:

Previous downloads (2874)

Jeff 01-20-2011 01:14 PM

Please subscribe to this thread for future updates.

Jeff 01-21-2011 12:08 PM

I have updated this to 10.0.1. I added code to disable all Vbulletin hooks while in wordpress. When wordpress is integrated, it loads an instance of VB in memory so it can check the users info (name, logged in, etc.).. Sometimes plugins can cause errors so I have disabled them by default.

If for some reason plugins are needed on (I cannot foresee why) then you can enable them in the vbridge settings. Just overwrite the files and you are all set! :)

Jeff 02-04-2011 04:00 PM

I have updated to version 10.0.2. This version addresses bugs people were having where the author of an article was being assigned to a VB user. This has now been fixed and the proper WP user will be shown.

Just overwrite your current installation and the upgrade will be complete.

Jeff 02-10-2011 09:55 AM

I have updated to version 10.0.3. This fixed problems when previewing a post. It also fixed login issues when using programs like Microsoft Live Writer (Thanks Freak99).

Jeff 02-11-2011 08:33 PM

I have updated to version 10.0.4. This new version adds avatar support in comments.

Jeff 02-21-2011 08:32 AM

I have updated to version 10.0.4.1. This new version removed what may be considered a null value on some servers from vbbridge.php.

Jeff 03-11-2011 05:07 PM

I have updated to version 10.0.5. This version can allow you to bridge users into the WP control panel and also fixes some minor bugs such as WP roles and case sensitivity with username and passwords.

There may still be some bugs with the control panel access and you have to actually edit vbbridge.php to enable it so please re-read the directions in the first post of this thread.

Jeff 03-15-2011 02:22 PM

I have updated to version 10.0.5.1. This version fixes the issue addressed here. Thanks UT1!

Jeff 03-28-2011 11:00 AM

I have updated to version 10.0.6. This version adds a few new features:
  • Tested with ClassiPress and works using VB users. You can now run the Classifieds theme with your VB user base
  • Fixed an issue where this would break the rich text editor
  • Update notices for the VB Bridge will now show up in the WP admin control panel
  • Fixed issue where author meta data was incomplete, such as email, user_name, etc.
  • Various bug fixes

Jeff 04-22-2011 11:11 AM

I have updated to version 10.0.7. This version adds a few new features:
  • Version checking updated
  • Fixed quick edit so VB users show up as authors and in alpha order
  • Created an article conversion tool in the tools menu
  • fixed wp_vb_check_get_class error

Jeff 05-06-2011 04:13 PM

I have updated to version 10.0.8. This version fixes a bug where the bridge would break the flash uploader.

Jeff 01-08-2012 02:08 PM

I have updated to version 10.0.9. This version fixes bugs introduced when WP upgraded. This should fix issues users had with mapping other user groups.

Jeff 01-13-2012 10:25 AM

I have updated to version 10.0.10. This version fixes a bug where new installs might get perm error.

Jeff 04-30-2012 03:11 PM

I have updated to version 10.1.0. This version fixed a bug in the updater notifications and also adds module support so you can customize and extend your install.

Jeff 01-03-2013 08:12 PM

I have updated to version 10.2.0. This version fixed a bug that was introduced when WP upgraded to 3.5.