View Single Post
02-22-2011, 04:15 AM   #1
wizzkidd

wizzkidd is getting browny points
Question Integrate VB 3.8.6 with WP 3.0.5

Hi everyone,

I have an existing WP installation with many users subscribed.

I have created a folder in the root of my server called /forum and installed vBulletin 3.8.6 into it and setup the required installation parameters during installation. To point out, I told it to use the same database as the WP database (given it the correct db credentials and using "vb" as a prefix for the VB tables, and it installed perfectly - no errors)

The WP works flawlessly on its own, and the VB works flawlessly on its own -no errors thus far.

I have downloaded and installed the vBulletin WP Bridge v10.0.4 from LampWrights into my /wp-content/plugin/vbridge/... so there are just two files contained within that folder. I changed the vb bridge settings to use the RELATIVE path: /forum and left the "Enable plugins during wordpress instance" option box as "No".

Result...

I can log into WP using my WP credentials and I am authorised by WP and can post comments should I wish, however when i navigate to mysite.com/forum the forum doesnt identify me as being logged in. Also, if I use the VB login boxes with the same WP credentials, it cannot find the user and fails the login, HOWEVER, if I use the VB Registration and signup a new user, this user can login using the VB login boxes to authenticate me, and if i navigate to the root URL (where the WP installation is), WP also has accepted that I am authenticated.

It appears that users must use the VB login in order to be integrated to both. I have no problem with this and can adjust my WP code so that it uses the VB login boxes on the WP page. The problem is that all my users that have previously registered into WP are unable to login (because they didnt use the VB registration method).

Is there anyway to rectify this?

I hope someone can help.

Thanks,

WizzKidd
wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote