View Single Post
02-22-2011, 10:35 AM   #4
wizzkidd

wizzkidd is getting browny points
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzkidd View Post
I think what I needed to understand is that the VB database tables are the ones that are in charge of the users username/password information. So I am now "trying" to use ImExp to import the users from the wp db accross to the vb db fields.

im struggling with the impex because my wp default tables are all prefixed with wp_ and my old forum (bbpress) is prefixed with bb_ which confuses matters slightly since there is no generic prefix for the whole db

Arghh
Ok, I think it looks like I got a better understanding. I thought I imported the users incorrectly, however it says somewhere that importing the passwords accross doesnt usually work because of how the passwords are stored, so I have tried resetting a password for a user, and they now can log-in via the VB login page and are also authenticated on the WP pages (the comments say "Logged in as xxxx. Log out?") which is great!!!

I then found your widget which for logging in from the wordpress pages, which is the icing on the cake!

Now its time to get theming and see if I can make the vbulletin look as if it is integrated visually into my blog... this'll test my CSS skills.

Oh BTW Jeff, take a look at the logon widget http://www.itechcity.org - it doesnt look like the "screenshot1.jpg" image (the image that was with the widget). Am I missing some of your css? Could you tell me what css to add to the style.css file please?

Thanks,

WizzKidd

Last edited by wizzkidd; 02-22-2011 at 10:39 AM.
wizzkidd is offline   Reply With Quote