Lampwrights Forum > Other Stuff > vBulletin Wordpress Bridge

05-25-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
netmax

netmax is getting browny points
Wordpress user properties settings with active bridge plugin

Hi Jeff,

first i want to thank you for providing this great bridge plugin. I does exactly what i need, great work!

However, i've discovered two bugs and i'll report it here in two different threads:

When i want to alter the properties of a user in the Wordpress backend (like personal data, color scheme for the WP backend etc.), i'll always be redirected to the vBulletin profile page with the click in the WP backend. Of course i can't find the WP options there ... so is there any other way to go to the WP user properties? At the moment i have to disable the vBridge plugin to get to the WP user properties.
netmax is offline   Reply With Quote

05-25-2011, 12:18 PM   #2
Jeff
Administrator

Jeff is getting browny points
Quote:
Originally Posted by netmax View Post
Hi Jeff,

first i want to thank you for providing this great bridge plugin. I does exactly what i need, great work!

However, i've discovered two bugs and i'll report it here in two different threads:

When i want to alter the properties of a user in the Wordpress backend (like personal data, color scheme for the WP backend etc.), i'll always be redirected to the vBulletin profile page with the click in the WP backend. Of course i can't find the WP options there ... so is there any other way to go to the WP user properties? At the moment i have to disable the vBridge plugin to get to the WP user properties.
If you are using the complete integration (wp admincp integration) then you cannot modify users from the user control panel in wordpress, only VB..
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
05-25-2011, 03:51 PM   #3
netmax

netmax is getting browny points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
If you are using the complete integration (wp admincp integration) then you cannot modify users from the user control panel in wordpress, only VB..
OK, no problem.

With the full integration, some plugins refuse the settings with the hint that i'm not an administrator (my vB user is admin, and it is mapped also to WP admin) ... one example for this is "Post notification". Others are working pretty well.

Any idea on this?
netmax is offline   Reply With Quote
06-03-2011, 07:56 AM   #4
Jeff
Administrator

Jeff is getting browny points
Quote:
Originally Posted by netmax View Post
OK, no problem.

With the full integration, some plugins refuse the settings with the hint that i'm not an administrator (my vB user is admin, and it is mapped also to WP admin) ... one example for this is "Post notification". Others are working pretty well.

Any idea on this?
They may have set custom permissions. If I knew exactly what the permission name they are looking for, I could probably furnish you a custom fix. You would have to ask the specific plugin developer what those are.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
06-06-2011, 08:26 PM   #5
rraplee

rraplee is getting browny points
I've been having this problem using the old integration version with the http://pluginbuddy.com/purchase/backupbuddy/ plugin. Any ideas?
rraplee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags

vbulletin wordpress bridge