Lampwrights Forum > Other Stuff > vBulletin Wordpress Bridge

04-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
bno

bno is getting browny points
Users not logged in to vb getting blank pages on wordpress

Hi.

As the title says, when you are logged in to the vb all of the wordpress stuff works fine (save for incorrect author mapping). However when I log out of my vb and try to access the wp I get blank pages only.

Has anyone experienced this before? Could it be caused by having my vbulletin set to private mode?

I am using vb 3.8.3, wp 3.1.1 and the latest version of bridge as per the sticky thread on this forum.

Cheers.
bno is offline   Reply With Quote

04-30-2012, 08:34 AM   #2
Jeff
Administrator

Jeff is getting browny points
Blank page means there is an error. Check your error log. Can't really help you if you don't have an error message.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
04-30-2012, 08:45 AM   #3
bno

Hi,

Changing the vBulletin permissions for the unregistered / non logged in usergroup allowing them to read the Forums seemed to resolve the problem.

Thanks anyway,

Great plugin!

Now I've just got to figure out why the authors have mapped to different users in the vBulletin (presumably based on the wordpress user id and the vb user id)
04-30-2012, 08:53 AM   #4
bno

Quote:
Originally Posted by bno View Post
Now I've just got to figure out why the authors have mapped to different users in the vBulletin (presumably based on the wordpress user id and the vb user id)
Ok so I've tied it down that the change in authors is based on the users id.

In my wordpress my main author has wordpress user id = 7 whereas his vbulletin id is 68, all articles written by him in the wordpress now show as being written by the user with vbulletin user id = 7.

Have you seen this before? I have seen that someone mentioned it in a previous thread but it appeared to have been resolved with a release, however I am experiencing the issue on the latest release of the plugin.
04-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #5
Jeff
Administrator

Jeff is getting browny points
You need to back up your wp database, then run the Tools -> Convert WP Authors tool..
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
04-30-2012, 09:11 AM   #6
bno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
You need to back up your wp database, then run the Tools -> Convert WP Authors tool..
Brilliant! Thanks very much.

Tags

vbulletin wordpress bridge